Skip to main content

I need

I need to find me to see what's behind me,

I need to see myself before I see the what's coming,

I need to know who I was before I see who I can be,

I need to know where I started before I see to where I'm running,

Another year has passed and now I'm to celebrate my birth,

First, I need to see what's transpired since I came to this earth,

What I see gone disappoints me to a great extent,

What I see in store scares me to the core of my being and self,

The people I've lost, the things I've done, people that came and went,

All in the past now, I've barely made it to stack another year on the shelf,

Lord, help me be a better me and help me do the things I need to,

So I can celebrate in clear conscience next year, if you haven't taken me to meet you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I See the World

My heart hurts for reasons I can't explain. I see the world like no one sees it  And it all seems strange that the earth is exploding with rage, hate, and pain,  yet the loudest seek themselves.  The powerful are out for selfish gains and I dream dreams of the past with its shame  and haunts.  Jaunts to the dangerous with aims of operating on the edge of the Morning Star's domain.  Heroic atrocities and calculated obliteration.  Planning plans to maim and break those we saw as wicked. Or were told to by the game and the images, feeds, and comms.  The screaming mothers with bloody seed and it came to us or them.  I see the world as no one sees it.  I see it in shame.

I Care Not

  I can feel the life in my veins. Still it rains but I care not. I've forgotten my grudges and live with shame of my past. Still I last in the pouring madness. Sadness masked by rage that casts hatred on my mind's feed. I bleed tears but stay lucid See fears but stay present as I allow life's fluid to burn hot. I can hear his whispers in my ears. Still it rains and I care not.

Tenacity

 I feel it again. The addictive yearning for the sweet burn of euphoria on the rocks. There are the thoughts again. More concerning when they creep firm and bore into my heart with grips like claws of ice and fire. The desire to break my streak of which I'm proud is loud within my ears and I hear the cries of those I wish to forget.   Sunset falls and the night begets temptations to drink away my time  and smile fake smiles while crying real lies. Tonight, minute by hour, inch by mile, day by week, valley to peak this path, my boots will tread. I feel it again, but hope has bred tenacity. I will be  victorious