Skip to main content

Cariño

I still remember your face in the falling light.

Forbidden nights to extinguish our pain.

Or maybe my pain, you made your plight

That night we danced in the falling rain

Or in your room to hushed songs, feeling right

when it's wrong and happy when it's shame.

I won't hear you say my name like you had

When you whispered in my ear of love to loss,

And the one we’d lose in playing this game

And I cried real, broken tears of tainted joy,

In anguish to losing you to reality again.

Cursed to suffer without you in my life

And the joy of having seen your eyes in the failing light.

I still remember.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I See the World

My heart hurts for reasons I can't explain. I see the world like no one sees it  And it all seems strange that the earth is exploding with rage, hate, and pain,  yet the loudest seek themselves.  The powerful are out for selfish gains and I dream dreams of the past with its shame  and haunts.  Jaunts to the dangerous with aims of operating on the edge of the Morning Star's domain.  Heroic atrocities and calculated obliteration.  Planning plans to maim and break those we saw as wicked. Or were told to by the game and the images, feeds, and comms.  The screaming mothers with bloody seed and it came to us or them.  I see the world as no one sees it.  I see it in shame.

I Care Not

  I can feel the life in my veins. Still it rains but I care not. I've forgotten my grudges and live with shame of my past. Still I last in the pouring madness. Sadness masked by rage that casts hatred on my mind's feed. I bleed tears but stay lucid See fears but stay present as I allow life's fluid to burn hot. I can hear his whispers in my ears. Still it rains and I care not.

Tenacity

 I feel it again. The addictive yearning for the sweet burn of euphoria on the rocks. There are the thoughts again. More concerning when they creep firm and bore into my heart with grips like claws of ice and fire. The desire to break my streak of which I'm proud is loud within my ears and I hear the cries of those I wish to forget.   Sunset falls and the night begets temptations to drink away my time  and smile fake smiles while crying real lies. Tonight, minute by hour, inch by mile, day by week, valley to peak this path, my boots will tread. I feel it again, but hope has bred tenacity. I will be  victorious